Imaste is seeking strong technical ninjas with an accomplished background in developing complex web applications to join our growing international team. We are the European leader in the development of virtual events and online trade shows and we are looking to increase our reach, developing awesome virtual experiences for our customers and attendees around the globe.
- Delivering amazing virtual events and 3D experiences
- Working with a young & talented team to come up with creative solutions to meet our customers’ adaptation needs
- Foster technical innovation in both code and processes in creating and maintaining a complex web application
- Coming up with innovative code solutions to complex problems
- Helping develop the structure and operations of a growing team
- Work with a variety of cross-functional teams (3D, web design, operations, sales) to build awesome web applications.
Your personal skills
- Certain Geek factor – Passion to stay up to date with current trends in web development
- Proven problem solving skills with a knack for thinking out of the box and innovation
- Mature and independent, but willing to join an active team work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Focus on quality and attention to the user needs
- Fluent English speaker
- Demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective.
Your core skills
- At least 2 years of professional experience in front-end or back-end development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Very strong understanding of software and database design with strong object oriented design skills (Java & Actionscript preferred)
- Knowledge of MVC based frameworks
- Experience in refactoring of existing code and architectures to improve performance and maintainability (Backend: JEE, Spring, Hibernate, PostgreSQL; Frontend: Actionscript, SWFaddress, Cairngorn, Flex)
- Experienced in structured development environments (version control, release processes, light documentation), so that you are able to help us become a larger and more mature engineering team
Your extra bonuses
- Table tennis player, to join our bi-weekly internal tournament
- International experience
- Previous experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience in managing quality in scalable web-apps and working with high-volume traffic
- We also count as relevant experience self-started personal projects
- You speak other languages than English (Spanish is something you will learn here, by heart!)
Is this the role for you?
IMASTE is a start-up with big plans, experiencing an exponential growth in more than 20 countries, with many future opportunities in terms of Research & Development and personal career.
Our environment is exciting and we want to define the standards for human web-based interactions in the future. We are willing to take many risks and we compete with much bigger organisations internationally. If you are energetic and prepared to get fully involved in our vision, you will surely love the team, the freedom and the opportunity that this role will give you.
Salary: Based on experience
How to apply
If you think you have what it takes to join our start-up, send your CV to Miguel Arias: marias (at) imaste-ips (dot) com
IMASTE is the European leading provider of virtual events, 3D online environments and online trade-shows, that connect, inform and engage visitors and exhibitors.
Our customised solutions reduce travel costs and are environmentally friendly, while our customers are able to generate leads, networking, increase online sales chances and communicate projects or services globally.
Coming from the physical events industry, we evolved to become one of the major agents in the virtual fairs industry, with successful projects in various European, North & South American countries. To date, IMASTE has delivered more than 125 successful virtual events for global clients in more than 20 countries.
Some of our global partners and customers include renowned brands such as The Economist, Monster.com, Deloitte, The British Council, Dridco…
We are located in downtown Madrid in a trendy office in Barrio Salamanca.